The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, April 13, 2018

So Tired

I think I only got an hour of sleep last night. I even went downstairs and finished off a quilt square. Ugh. I fortified myself with a Pepsi and some mint M&M’s to go along with my lunch! Five classes in today and I gave a little speech on biographies vs. autobiographies. Then they went for it. My 921’s are a good third gone! It was great to see them look through and pick out the books they wanted and the people they wanted. Though one gal took a book on Joan of Arc just because it was the smallest - Ha! I dragged chairs over this morning so the classes could sit in that area of the old computer lab. Had to move a table over so that one of our counselors could work with a group of students on their interviewing skills. They were selected to interview for a great program with Willamette University, a great honor to even just get an interview and they spent time today talking with them about how to present yourself, enter and shake hands, what are some possible things to say, making yourself memorable. It was a good lesson. Garten came and picked up my discard/surplus books I’ve been gathering from last fall. The miniature pallets did not work! But luckily we had a very nice driver that waited while I called the custodian, who found a big pallet, then waited while we took boxes off the little ones and reloaded the big one (a big thanks to Mr. S who came by and saw us and started a ‘box brigade’ that did the job really quickly!) then the custodian had to take the pole out of the doors to outside so the driver could get that big pallet out to his truck. I am so glad those are all gone! Time for the weekend! 

No comments: