The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

How do you Compete?

Today was another day with our health unit and a video on the body changes that are happening or beginning to happen to our age range of students. It was a really good video, presented the facts well. The only problem was I had three classes in for book talks and how do you compete against that subject?!?! The book talk students were great and I cut my talks really short since they had come in later in the periods, but still! Tough competition there! Got in my last new cookbook and my new sports books on some great NBA players. What we had was so old! Good to get in some great current books! Started checking out copies of The Lightning Thief today for Mrs. K’s two classes. It worked out pretty good! Sent off a bunch of requested books. Also a box of The Outsiders for another class. I had put away my ‘Nevertheless, she persisted’ books. Our poor shelving cart was really overloaded, most of it my books to put away! Got in my new JLG order. Did some straightening up since the library was scheduled to be a part of AVID parent night tonight and 5th grade intro to middle school night. I was just hoping that our LEAP program left the library nice. Did some laminating tonight as well. Good night!

No comments: