The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Leslie Library Reset

Sent off more books to LMSS today. I think I’ll just keep sending them books until they send me my orders! I’m sad that our orders will probably not come in for students to check out. We only have two more weeks of checking out left to do. Would make my day tomorrow to have my order come in!! I can hope! Today I took measurements in the library to see about moving things. I worked on a PowerPoint, added in pictures, wrote down my goals. Then I tried to make a schematic of the library and the layout is way more complicated than I thought! Getting the angles, length of walls, how the library spreads - I had no idea that at the doors, the library is only 10 feet wide. At the end with my lovely windows it is 53 feet wide! I had to really think out how to make that angle happen! A fun exercise. Then I tried to draw it on a free draw your room program! Ha! That didn’t go too well! But I may think about it some more today. I loved that when you drew lines, it told you the measurement! Exactly what I needed! Had to write a referral today during lunch. A student was using what was to me and others, foul language, asked him to stop and he said it about 6 more times looking me straight in the eye. Flipped me off. I hate doing that. I might have ‘sanctuary reading day’ in the library for lunches today. I need it! And I figure if I need it, others may too! Must be spring in middle school! 

No comments: