The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Sheepish

Ran upstairs and picked up carts today from Mr. A and Mr. F. It was interesting to pull and push two of those Chrome carts down the hall and into the elevator! Had a teacher that needed a cart, so I had him wait while I checked all the Chromebooks in it since hardly any were where they should be and students had brought me several over the last couple of weeks. We ended up with only 2 missing off that cart. Finished up my evaluation and got that sent to my supervisor. Then scheduled my appointment for that for Friday. Covered half of the paperbacks I had gotten in for my last order. Got in the Language Arts boxes from Mrs. B so I went through them. Made sure they either had their components or that I had changed the count to ‘0’ pieces. Each box has anywhere from 7 to 12 components, so I have to tally each piece before the program will let me check it in. We had some boxes that didn’t even have barcodes, so I had to create barcodes for them. There was one book, This is Just to Say... that had something spill on it and it was moldy. We can’t have that in the school so I had to destroy it. I let her know. Then she sent back all the Bud, Not Buddy books we had borrowed earlier this year. I had to send books back to 12 different schools. I took her list and checked off the ones she sent back to make sure that they would get checked in on the other end. Got in the Prentice Hall language books from a teacher. It was so funny! She had two aides bring the books down, they each carried some, so I asked if they’d like a cart, they said sure, so I gave them a cart and they left it in the library and still carried down the books! I asked them why they didn’t take the cart and they said they didn’t have an elevator key, so I mentioned, well, I have an elevator key.... they looked kind of sheepish and took the key and a cart up to get the rest of the books. At the end of the day we had someone set a fire in the trash can in the girls bathroom by the library. Smoke was getting everywhere. Someone bravely got the can outside. We didn’t have to evacuate the building, but students were not allowed in the halls. Fire department came and fire doors in the area were all shut to contain the smoke. Glad it was taken care of! Got all the non-fiction books put away today.

No comments: