The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Mendel Kind of Day

I totally forgot my keys this morning. Luckily I caught my hubby before he’d gotten to far and he went home and got them for me! Thank goodness! I did go up to the office and get a master key so I could open my office since I had three teachers looking for Chrome carts! Got them all squared away and then the office called to say my keys had arrived (had to give hubby a head rub tonight!). Then the library got scheduled to hold a science class all day. When Mr. H walked into class he had a puddle in his room. Water from the classroom up above dripped down into his room through the ceiling! So his class got moved into the library and studied Mendel’s laws today. It was fun for me! I worked on my employee evaluation today. Luckily I have this great blog to remember all I did this year! Signed up for my evaluation for Friday. Also had to ask for an hour off for Thursday so I can get UGM to pick up some furniture from my mom’s place. Then I helped get the library set up for a meeting today with our school superintendent. I was so excited she’d be in here to see our amazing Leslie Library! She actually helped clean off tables! I did the tables first, then worked on the carpet. The vacumn worked a bit, then I just used packing tape to pick stuff up off the carpet! Old trick from when my mom would call and remind me to vacumn! I’d pick it up with tape! We had everything ready and I think Mr. M appreciated what I did. It was a crazy day, but very worthwhile! 

No comments: