The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Weight of Knowledge

I decided to just not go out in the hallways today. I think it was a good thing! I feel much more relaxed and felt comfortable in my little library world. Started getting in books today since I had an aide deliver all those slips this morning. Was good to see. Had to answer questions for quite a few students. Sent in my Leslie Reset PowerPoint to my principal today. We’ll see what he says! The bond passed, so here’s hoping there might be enough money to do those few changes I’ve asked for. I made a few more different ways to space things out, took pictures, put them in the PowerPoint. I’m hoping I’ll at least get a ‘that could be possible’. I think my order may be coming in, I noticed today that most of the books on my order are on my catalogue!!! I’m so excited!! We only have a week left to check out, so maybe some will get out there. We also had a big discussion as LMA’s about a book, The Hate U Give. We’ve been told we can’t have it at middle school level and people were giving their thoughts. So I finally came up with a quote by Corrie Ten Boom from her book The Hiding Place. It’s the one where she asks her father a question. So he thinks a bit, then asks if she can carry his suitcase of parts for him. She tries, but replies that it’s too heavy. And he tells her that it’s the same way with knowledge. That it’s ok for her not to know right now, but one day when she is stronger and older she will be able to carry that knowledge. Same with books I think. Our students have so much out in the world, I don’t mind being a bit old fashioned about what I think they should have access to in our libraries.

No comments: