The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, May 7, 2018

May the Seventh Doesn’t Go With Anything

But another awesome day in the Leslie Library!! I had 3 book talks today. One with 8th graders and two with 6th graders. Talked about how we have 342 books lost with a cost of about $4K. Showed them a lost book that was checked out at the end of January (Wolf by Wolf), and just turned in last Friday. Then talked about another book I had two copies of, one went lost and now I only have one (Pax). So hopefully that might get more books in. I also talked about our last day to check out books. Redesigned my cart check out sheets since I have two more carts to oversee and didn’t like how the originals were. I messed around with about 4 different fixes and none of them were cooperating. Then I thought, hey, if I just move the top text block to the bottom, voila! It worked perfectly! Had to get some speakers for the DVD for the health classes. It was really quiet with the sound even though we had all the volumes up. Speakers worked to heighten that! Loved helping students after book talks. I used to just go to my office and hide, now I mingle, suggest, help find that one book, you know, the one I talked about back a time or so ago? Had something to do with a girl? Got in my latest Scholastic order, all non-fiction and a lot of countries to get updated. One book was damaged and I requested a new copy. They were not packed very well and I don’t want to pay for a book that was damaged before I got it. They replaced one for me, so hopefully they will do this as well. May all folks find a job they love as much as I do!

No comments: