The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Quiet Day



I managed to work the design program and even though this is not to a complete scale, it’s fairly close! Top is the current layout, bottom is what it could be! I had a lot of fun playing with things and finally decided I needed to just cut out my furniture out of pretty construction paper rather than try to find stuff to add in on the program! Was a quiet day in the library. Our custodian picked up all the chairs from the health classes so I could put that back room in some kind of order. Got in some Phantom Tollbooth books back from a school we had loaned them all too. I was so excited when our custodian came and said, ‘I brought you books!’ I was so hoping they were new ones, drats! We only have two weeks left to check out books and by the time our new ones get here we’ll probably be done. Drats again! I know our office has been swamped with the diversity grant books, but still! I want my new books! I even had a ‘quiet reading or homework only’ day in the library for our lunch students. Yesterday went way too crazy so I was thinking that I should take the day off for mental reasons. Then I thought, if I feel like that, I bet others do too! So, the quiet lunch day. I think it turned out fabulous!

No comments: