The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Bharatanatyam

Today we actually got to have an LMA meeting. It really felt good. But, off to the regular day! Came in to do some Chrome Cart management at first. Then got ready for book talks. Since our cart was out from the night before I looked up Bharatanatyam dance so I could show the students what that looked like and then book talked A Time to Dance. I loved it. Them, not so much. No one checked out any of the books I book talked, two periods and 60 students! Ugh! I always feel I let them down when no one picks one up at least. Then at my lunch, I totally spaced it that I had told Ms. K that she could send down students to pick up copies of The Lightning Thief! When students came in me and Ms. V chased them out!! I felt so bad when I finally heard one of them say ‘Ms. K.....’ I was so sorry I told them. Had totally spaced it out!! Oh well! Had both lunches in. Got four new books ready for the shelves from our diversity grant. Little by little these back ordered books are trickling in. When I went to LMSS I got another box of 4 more of them. Books are books! I brought in my basketball stars books and they got put back on my shelf in the back - made me cry a little. Health classes in all day again. At least there wasn’t a video for today! A very long day, time to head for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: