The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Sable Soldiers

Today I looked at some of our just in diversity books. One was on the new National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington D.C. All the thought, planning, and work that went into making a museum of world note. In that book they mentioned the Sable Soldiers. I don’t think I have ever heard that before. I like it. It is on display on our non-fiction side of the rolling rack.  Today never seemed to stop. A whirlwind of students, books, helping, putting away a whole side of a cart of non-fiction books and for a student who is on a family vacation. Talking with students, getting the Lightning Thief books settled into hopefully the right hands. Had some mix ups today. It seemed the program had them right, but when I checked them out, no, it didn’t. So confusing! Talked with Mr. M about the superintendent coming to use the library. We talked about how many people would be coming and I mentioned that maybe we didn’t need tables? Maybe just chairs? He liked that idea and was going to check on that. I also had to reunite a Chrome book with its cart. Take on two more Chrome carts that are now locked up in my office. I was so busy I almost didn’t get to the box I picked up yesterday at our meeting to see those new books! Always glad to get new books, and hoping my new order arrives soon! So at least the students get to check some out before we stop check outs for the year. Watched the new books webinar and had one book on my order and added another. They look good and hopefully will get ordered this summer so we come back from summer with new books! Did a little bit of book repair. Some page tipping. Gluing a book from another school into its spine. I just didn’t have the heart to send it back looking so bad. Sent off some Hate that Cat and Love that Dog books to another school. Found a cord for a teacher. Checked out 40 science books this morning and had an aide take them down right away. The teacher was very appreciative. Also had an aide take up math books to Mr. G for his six classes. It was a long crazy day.

No comments: