The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Brutal 6's

What was I thinking?? A full, only second day of school, and I schedule 6 periods of 6th grade library orientation coupled with 6 classes of Spanish coming in to check out their workbooks and promise 2 teachers I'll Kercheski their math books for their 6 classes each for tomorrow with only 6 aides for the day that only had their first day to work in the library yesterday?? I survived, but just barely! The orientation talks went well and I was happy with them, but when I didn't have aides it was really hard to get all the Spanish workbooks checked out and all the library books checked out. Classes are huge and several of the 6th grade classes didn't get in very early and by the time they got in and had their talk I was trying to check them all (I had lines!!) even after the bell rang for passing. I did love to talk to the kids though. It was sweet! Got all the workbooks checked out and don't tell, but I had to work an hour over to get all the math books done. I will take it easier tomorrow, mostly because I should be able to! And our IC was still there and said she would make sure I got to make that up tomorrow! We watch out for each other! I was running all day long! Came home and finished off my last third (the gooey side and top frosting) of the Tuxedo cake from Konditeroi's that my hubby had brought me a couple of days ago. Self care is one of our focuses this year and that fit the bill rather nicely!

No comments: