The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Longish Day

Again today, Mr. G was gone and possibly 10 or more students came down first period to get books. I went upstairs to find Mr. S teaching and told him that the students were not to be sent down. Then I came back to the library and saw a cart with two boxes of withdrawn books and took those up to leave in Mr. G's classroom so the students would have something to read without setting them off across the school. It was a stroke of genius, even if I say so myself. I worked on getting LIT books ready to be offered up to teachers. Had students in all day here and there to check out books. Some to check out US History textbooks. Had both lunches in for quiet reading today. Sent off books to other schools. Received the book we are going to study for our Pathway - Libraries Re-Imagined. I had a lady in doing a report for a contractor for work at Leslie in with the bond work that is to be done starting next year. She was working on a proposal. It was serandipidous meeting that I could speak with someone working on perhaps some of the changes I envisioned. Who knows? It could happen!

No comments: