The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

6th Grade

First day of school with all of our 6th graders! I love it! You can meet so many! There's time to talk and the school just feels bigger with only a third of the students there! Nice. I had to hand out schedules this morning. Then just did bits of things all day. I had a teacher want us to make posters for his class on expectations and he did them poster size! Our poster machine just works with 8.5x11 inch paper so I had to resize them down! That was a bit of a learning curve for me! But I did it. Got the projector ready for new classified information meeting this morning. Sorted through a ton of emails. Got 70 history books ready for a new teacher and some teacher materials. Got 38 science books for another. Was out in the hallways on breaks to help out the new students. Took in some American Nation books from a teacher! I got rid of all of ours (I thought!!) the first year I was at Leslie! Oh my! I had about three of them I had kept for old times sake, but they are really old! I found a spot for them on a shelf under our other history books for now! Cleared another cart. Talked with a teacher about her 6th grade classes coming in this week for orientation and to check out. Had the Leadership students come in and move the tables around to ADA requirements. Cleaned one that had had lots of coffee and snacks on it and had gotten stained. Took down my window display and I have an idea for a new one, but still rumbling around in my head. Everyone comes tomorrow! Might have to bring a Pepsi to get through it!

No comments: