The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Friday the 7th

Got to thinking, 'did I do the blog Friday night?' and checked, and no! I did not! I had in five classes for orientation (though most had heard it from yesterday) and so I mainly let them just go ahead and get books. I dug out all the Goosebumps books I had that were in with the redone reference section and were on the floor, under a desk in the back room. I got them all out on a cart and then got out the cart so I had access to the file cabinet and got out the rope that hung on the gates and the door. We have this crazy electrical plug in that sits out in the middle of the floor where students could come through and step on it, trip, all sorts of grave ideas of mishaps. So I looked at that to see if it might help. I don't think so. Pushed the desk back, kept the rope out to mess with, later I had an aide put all the other books back under the desk. I also had a meeting with a lovely lady from Oregon Corrections about a quote for some new furniture for the library. They make really good, really sturdy stuff so she is going to get me a quote. Six new chairs and two round coffee tables to add to the room. We'll see what it comes in at. Thank goodness Oregon doesn't have tax! The colors we can have are awesome and I want all different colors! Now I just have to hunt up some grants for the money to pay for it! Glad it is Friday and I have nothing on the agenda for the weekend! Huzzah!

No comments: