The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Boxes

Got more boxes in today and started packing up more books. I had my aides go down to the cafeteria and they have the perfect size boxes! I knew they would! Got in new books today and checked them in. Had an aide come and print up posters then wanted to laminate. I told her no, I had to do it. When I put the first one through it melted!! Everything turned black! So I checked the paper, and it felt funny, different than usual and I went to get the box and it said ‘cold laminate only’ on it. Every other box of poster maker paper was ‘hot or cold’ laminate. I took the roll and box up to our office manager so she could get a refund. I’m sure something went wacky somewhere. I also am finding that putting up and taking down all the STEAM activities takes awhile at this point. A period (with interruptions!) to set up and the same to put it all away. Crazy, but a good kind of crazy! I sent in my Friday pathway to my manager so she’d know where I would be. I know I worked on other things, but it’s been a long night! Picked up my camper for a trip this weekend, so that made my day. I’m a happy camper!

No comments: