The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Speed Dating!

It was so cute!! I had five periods of classes in doing the ‘Speed Dating with Books’. Adorable! We took the two carts I had put together yesterday and stacked about eight books on each table. Then each student had to pick a book, write down title and author. Then read for two minutes, the jacket blurb, any reviews, then read some of the pages. Then write their own feelings about the book, a yes, I would read this, or no, not my style. The students were so engaged! It was awesome! I loved it! While they did that, I finished getting the new books ready to go out. Had to cover the paperbacks as well. But they are all done. Packed up five boxes of the discarded books. Finished reading Stonebird. Then started putting the books we had pulled that hadn’t gotten checked out. Then I remembered that we had a parent meeting in the library tonight with our 6th grade open house and really cleaned up the shelves, displaying new books, tightening up the shelves so it would look really spiffy tonight. Glad I remembered so the library would look its best! I think it does!

No comments: