The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 1, 2019

Leadership Award


Today I was awarded the Leadership Award because I helped our school get a 3D printer. I feel like I didn’t do much. We had an email about checking these out from LMSS and I sent it around. But Mr. C, our computer teacher, checked one out, then had it renewed and went to go and check out one again after we came back. Our PA from LMSS had mentioned that he might send a couple out to a few schools to keep there. So when Mr. C asked for one again and Mr. G (our PA) said to go ahead and give us one for the school! So Mr. C asked for one, Mr. G offered, and I really feel I didn’t do much. I shared this picture with Mr. G. Thank you Mr. C, this is what community is all about! Scholastic came and picked up the book fair today. I also did the last money count. I called up to our bookkeeper and she was swamped with track. Today is the last day to get all their stuff in, so she asked if I could wait, and I said sure and will take it up tomorrow. I had a new aide come in and I think she’ll do well. I even put her on the non-fiction. Had a student come in with some help and I reset his password, then we couldn’t get in. I had to put in a tech ring and they came through after a few different tricks. I had to go in and make a different password, tech had to re-enable his other accounts even after I could sign in. I’m glad it worked and hope that he got in and won’t have any more trouble. Again today, a great community effort to help a student and for them to see what community can do when we all come together. Got in a new box of books that I bought for replacing some of our books. Had to take the invoice up to the office since it came from the school library sales account and not our regular library account. I think that’s all. Quite the day!

No comments: