The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

New Books

I got all my PermaBound replacement books out today. Had to strip them and put in Due Date slips. Had STEAM day in the library during lunches and so cute to see the students ask to play with the Rubik’s cubes. I got all the stuff out for them and had to put it away. We had the cubes, origami, K’nex bridges and roller coaster, Go and Raspberry Pi were all going. I turned in all my Scholastic money and a couple of hours later I had a parent come in and say I had mischarged her for a book and I didn’t know what to do! So I emailed Scholastic, then talked with our bookkeeper. She was going to go to our office manager and see what we could do. If she’d come in before I deposited all the money, it would have been so simple. Agh. I’ve never had that happen before. Hopefully that’ll never happen again. Sent back four books to different schools. Talked with Ms. K about the Lightning Thief unit coming up. We need so many books. Another whole class set. I had a LMA from another school ask if we had one. One of her students was here last here and said he turned in his book, but I don’t have it. It’s so easy for them to get mixed up. At the end of the day I put another book up in the District Mail and there were four Follett boxes by our office manager’s desk. Yeah!! New books! I got them all out of the boxes before I left but looking forward to book fun tomorrow!

No comments: