The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Happy Birthday Dimwit

Oh no! Woke up to hearing rain on the skylight last night and my first thought was “Oh no! All the boxes we put out yesterday!!!” Well, there wasn’t anything I could do about it, so I wondered if they would still pick up today, and they did. I didn’t hear or see anything today, but I went outside to check the pen after school let out and all the pallets were gone. Yeah! I probably still have another 70 boxes or so to go, but that will be for another time. I like having all the boxes gone for now! Helped students with resetting passwords today. Worked on a cart of discarded books for Ms. P for her students to read. Withdrew books and spent a good amount of time sharpieing out the Leslie stamps and putting on discard stickers. Got about 2/3rds of them done. Also had issues with our student password reset, couldn’t do that for awhile, but I logged out of everything and restarted the computer, and it worked like a charm. Same thing with getting books for a teacher. Another school sent some and I deleted my original request, and when my next request went through, I couldn’t request because the teacher already had the books. What??? So I’ll work on that tomorrow. Last period of the day I had a bunch of girls talking and I went over to check passes and two of them were skipping, and as the one left, she had said she had a pass then said no she didn’t, dimwit. Lovely. I wrote her up. That’s four referrals this week I’ve done and it does not make me happy. But yes, it is my birthday and turned out to be a lovely afternoon so out to enjoy the deck, some bar-be-que and cake with neighbors. 

No comments: