The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Wrong Pathway

Yes, I was so sure that I was to meet up at the West Salem Roth’s I got up early, had my trailer for the weekend all hitched up and got a great parking space so I could head to the coast after it was done since I only had to do a pathway today. Didn’t find my name on the sheet, checked my email and rats! It was way over by Costco! Oh well. The heading on the screen said Striving or Thriving, so I figured it fit. I signed in, and let my office manager know and she said ‘No worries! Happens all the time!’ So I enjoyed a great session with Chris Moore. Points from my notes:
Listen for what will work for you.
Q-TIP : Quit Taking It Personally
Brain takes negativity like Velcro, positive it takes on teflon.
Deep breaths.
Remember bright spots. You really need to pointedly remember them!
Tea story - you can’t add any more to a full cup (scholar and saint) empty the things that are 
           overfilling your cup. What will empty it? So you can add what you want to fill it with.
Goals are guideposts, not the end game.
Are you a good boundary setter? What is your biggest barrier to thriving? 
What is your survival story?
Remember compassionate goal setting.  
Ankle sprain vs. Brain sprain - easy to see physical injuries - but not the internal injuries
What support does depression get? Trauma struggles in the mind? How do you support them?
Rather than pull away? Hide? Overachieve? People please?
“My healing is a gift I can give to other people.” Own your own story. 
Self care is NOT selfish, it’s self respect.
Surround yourself with those who fan your fire.
Do you give grace to yourself? 
The pain of lying can be percieved to be less than the consequences of admitting.
Kelly McGonigal - TEDTalk on stress.  The belief that stress is bad for you raises your risk of death! Stress is your body getting ready to meet a challenge! 
Caring creates resilience.
www.calm.com/schools     Or    Tactical Breather
I chose to be grateful.
No matter how the school year started I chose to finish well!

Thanks Chris!

No comments: