The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, October 3, 2019

3D Pen

I started the day with the usual, getting the computers up, unlocking everything and opening all the doors. Taking a moment to see the sun rise above the bank of clouds over the mountains. When my two online kids came in and my aide, I started to do the inventory on the 400’s. That did not really take very long, it was only one shelf! I’m wondering when I’ll start the 500’s - now there’s a quite the haul through that section - sciences, animals. It’ll be quite the slog. I took a picture of these old math paper supplemental booklets (ha! Had to look up something like brochure, but not a book! Thank you synonyms!). Sent the pic out to our math department and one of them - thank you Mr. S! - sent it to our head of curriculum and she said to go ahead and surplus them. So with the eight or so boxes of them I have enough to get a pallet together for Garten - they need at least 20 boxes and I already had 18 packed up. I then created a Math group in Outlook contacts since I didn’t have one yet and obviously that would be nice to have. Showed my one aide how to order the math books they inventoried and he did one set, but had hurt his hand the other day and it was all swollen so I had him stop and I did all the rest of them later in the day. Had both lunches in and they did well. Had to put out a new puzzle, the 50 states done in license plates. We’ll see how long that takes! Then I turned my attention to the Maker cart we got in. I think I have everything out now, organized somewhat, pulled more crafty books for ideas for students, ordered in some books, one on 3D pens, one on jewelry making, origami jewelry since we have origami paper and that would go so nice with the jewelry stuff. I had never used a 3D pen before and so one of our aides is pretty creative, so we got it out and she played with it. Very cool! So, a very creative afternoon playing with the cart, I think I will put it out next week and see what the response from the kids is. Am I ready for it?? Ah, maybe!

No comments: