The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 21, 2019

Aide Book Reviews

A crazy day in the library! We had nine classes in! Four periods had two classes in simultaneously! That was a lot of students! They were Speed Dating Books and it was a lot of fun for them I think! They checked in and out books at the end of their dates! There were, I heard, 20 instances of true love. Awww, that’s so sweet! I did all eight of my aides’ book reviews today. Got them all printed up and put in the student binder they can use to see what books are out there. I boxed up five boxes of surplus books and then went in and cleaned out the closet in the non-fiction area from old math supplements and added four more boxes. I got down and looked deep into all the shelving and found a small stack of math books from 1978!! Oh my! They were so old!  Then I went back behind the student store and got three more boxes of those supplements and some other old Algebra books. That was a lot of lifting today. No lunches because of classes. Right before I left I got a quick email from a teacher that some of her Chromebooks weren’t charging right, so I grabbed keys to pop open the back and found that one of the two plugs for the charging pods wasn’t in all the way, so I pushed it in and made sure that the other one was all the way in as well. Hopefully tomorrow they will all be totally charged! Then off for Book Club at the Yard!

No comments: