The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Halloween Dance

I helped out tonight! It was quiet where I was! Pretty much! There were two students running the ‘Guess the amount’ in suckers and candy corn. But first! I got out all the boxes for Garten to pick up today. Our substitute custodian got the gate open and I had that all done by lunch time! I had my aides helping me. That was a huge accomplishment for the day! My hand truck that comes down to a cart, lost a wheel! So I put it back together, and did the cotter pins a bit more tapped in. I started to pull the 800 books. Some were from the 90’s, rarely checked out. I’m getting ready to do that inventory, so it needs to be done, it’s in our weeding schedule for this year. Then I noticed that I think the math books we did last week, did not get done. I’m not quite sure how that happened. So I started to poke around with that. Had both lunches in and the MakerSpace open today. Then I came back to be the staff member with the ‘Guess’ students. I also got to direct Caesar, the No Drama Llama to the back of the school for his hugs and photo ops. that was cool. He had been to three places already today! Loved to see all the students having a great time, and loved seeing one of our teachers’ son in the cutest little snail costume! Loved him!

No comments: