The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Pink Out


So, my pumpkin here is definitely not pink! But I wanted to make a quick string art piece to show students and see if any were interested in making one. I need to maybe do more string work, but really pleased with how it turned out today! We had Ms. M’s classes in today working on book spine poetry. She brought them down and had a worksheet. If they got that done, they could go around the library and take real books and make poetry using real books! It was really awesome. I also finished xovering the last of the Lit books, so they are all ready to go! I took three more Chromebooks to one of the math teachers. They decided that one of the math programs wasn’t working and canned it, so those students were filtered out to other classes. Pulled books for the ‘Speed Dating with Books’ classes coming in on Monday. They needed about 60 books, so I pulled about 10 - 15 more in case students wanted to check some out. Had ten quiet reading students in for A lunch, but then we had some math students pulled out of class and I decided since they were a bit on the undisciplined side to not add the B lunch students in there. We had stuff in the library from the Book Poem classes, so I didn’t feel too bad about leaving the library closed. We are now part of Microsoft Teams and our ‘techie’ LMA from Crossler set up a ‘team’ for us middle school people and we were on there today. I was feeling a bit ‘oh, wow, another app to make life easier’. So we’ll see how that goes. I ended the day with getting an email from our art teacher about books for teachers once Salem Public Library shuts down for its retrofit. I asked our boss if he knew about the program and he was like ‘NO!’ So hopefully we’ll have info on that Monday. I’m kind of sad that the teachers heard about it from a source other than the library. Ready for the weekend.

No comments: