The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 14, 2019

God’s Eye and Painting

I was really pleased that I got a ton of interest in my MakerSpace cart today during lunches. I had about eight students A lunch all painting (they did a pretty good job about cleaning up!) and B lunch had students working on making God’s Eye with yarn and pop sickle sticks. So, it was pretty cool. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. I pulled out the cart I had of the new group read books. I needed to put a label on all of them about that they are ‘textbooks’ so need to be checked out that way and the date due for textbooks needs to be changed for them. Then I still need to cover the paperbacks so they’ll last a bit longer. My aide made a Hispanic display, and I want to replace it with these books like one of the LMA’s did, just sat about half of each title on a shelf and checked them out. I got interested in one of them and had to start reading. Had to help students get onto their Chromebooks and StudentVue sites. I put away three big stacks of graphic novels as well. I also had a student added to my aide list and I immediately called to say no way. I had written them up last year for what they had called me and I did not even want to try. Not worth my pay grade. I really wish their counselor would call me before they just stick someone in my aide slots. I sent them up to the office and they changed that class. So, at least they understood the situation and made that adjustment. Scored volleyball after work today and there’s only one more game for our magnificent 7th grade girls. I love to be involved and see these girls just make great plays! Home for Salmon Chowda Mac. Yum!

No comments: