The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Feeling Safe

Today was first semester CPR day and the Firefighters/Paramedics were in the library for four periods today teaching our 8th readers CPR and AED protocols. I love it when they are here and I feel so safe! So that made me very happy! The library was closed all day. Even though they were here first, second and third, they took a break because the last class was seventh period. And what do you know? Between fourth and fifth, as some students went to class, and others to lunch, right at passing, someone pulled the fire alarm (yes, it was on video). So we had to empty the school and wait for the firemen to show up - if only ours had stayed! That was so funny! We ended up standing outside for around 20 minutes while all the students had to find their first period teachers as they were all over the building and we had to account for each student. We finally got released back inside and they had to reset the lunches because we were outside so long, A lunch didn’t happen. It didn’t effect me at all, but I got a bit cold standing outside for that long! I did inventory on the 500 and 600’s. And found a few of the missing books. I think I had only about nine books that I couldn’t find after I ran the report. I pulled down the old display my aide did so I could work on a new one for the group Lit books. We got our OK for Junior Library Guild with the deal our boss had brokered. I had to get two more Chromebooks to Ms. M. Finished Piecing Me Together, fabulous book and the Salem Reads book this year. Absolutely lovely! And I made a MakerSpace LED candle. I tried! It does work, but it’s not pretty!

No comments: