The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Inventory Weeding

Today I went ahead and weeded out the rest of the 800’s. I pulled three shelves of a cart off. There were so many. I felt so sorry for some of them. I had great angst as I pulled books. I wonder if the other LMA’s have these same feelings? I was wondering about the math inventory so I took the Butterfly books and inventoried them. Then I ran a report and they did all check in. Regular other stuff, putting away books, found some books that were missed on their section during inventory and got them checked in, reset passwords. Had the MakerSpace lunches in today. I had to tell one of my aides to take off their hood three times in that period, so I finally called them in and told them I felt disrespected, and I needed a note from their counselor if they wanted to continue. It really made me angry. It shouldn’t, and I know they are going through stuff, but aren’t we all? Got home and took a walk in the glorious spread of fall that graced this day.

No comments: