The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Ribboned Out

Today I nearly finished the calendar but I ran out of ribbon! Drats! But it did come together nicely. I put at the top that testicular cancer was the most common for men ages 15-34 and that breast cancer affected 1 in 8 women and is the 2nd most common cancer for women. I also got together a scattering of books, some non-fiction and the others fiction. A nice collection. I put on my families run-ins with cancer: my mother-in-law who passed away this summer from pancreatic; my step father who died from lung; my father-in-law has had both lung and prostate; my mother and sister-in-law both had breast - my sister-in-law passed away from it. I had a teacher say she would bring in a ribbon, another a scarf from her cancer walks she's done. I had the juniors in for the CIS advisory today, they were updating their courses and work history today. The computers were operating smoothly and with speed, and the students were all very engaged taking care of those items! It was a good day in the blue lab. We got in two boxes of books, one of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Cutcher. I had one of our aides and one of our students on release that period help break in the spines, stamp and then put in barcodes and number the ends of the books. They helped shift books so we had room on the shelf for these and labeled the shelves. They did a great job and between us three, it all got done. Cleaned up the workroom today so it is cleared up of boxes and piles of things to do. Processed in the three remaining Physical Science with Earth Science books. Checked in and out texts, took in some regular library books. Checked out a class set of Immigrant Kids and The Arrival to Ms. O. Locked up the DVD/InFocus cart in the viewing room before I left for the day.

1 comment:

Batgirl said...

Can't wait to see how the bullitan board looks. What a wonderful idea...I especially like the idea of the wall of ribbons.