The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yeah! Books!

We have boxes! Lots of boxes full of books to process! I spend most of the day working on them with Mrs. H's substitute. We got in The Wave, Freakonomics, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Someone Named Eva, I Have Lived a Thousand Years, Working with Young Children and First Aid/CPR books! Lots to do! I entered in all the new ones and printed up barcodes. I had to redo a bit of the Working with Young Children teacher materials, but it looks better now. I also let Ms. S know that those were all ready for her and students by the end of the day. Got in one Hot Rod magazine for the library and processed it in. Tracked down the Bien dit! workbooks that we've been waiting for. I called the publisher and found out their ship date and when it was signed for at Central Stores, so I gave all that information to CS, and they said yes, they were in, but had never been sent to us, so they were on their way! Yeah! I then worked on starting to cover the paperbacks we got in. Had quite a few students come in to get books that they already had checked out. I sent out a few '2 Textbooks Out' slips for their parents to sign. A very busy day and hopefully we will get all the books ready for checking out tomorrow.

No comments: