The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ten Aides

By the time I get done I think I will have something like ten aides to help during the day! Yikes! Whatever am I going to find for them all to do?? Today they were hopping though, they got a quick tutorial on our Destiny program and we checked out books all day long! Somewhere around 11 classes came in to swap out books today and my aides all did really well. I was impressed! I spent some time giving most of them a tour of the library, talked how much we had. I had quite the day starting to train them all! When we checked out library books I had to override a lot since we changed all the overdues to 'lost' so kids could be fined. Our library door is refused to unlock all the way today, so I finally put up a sign telling people to use the other door (the left side). Put in a work order for it. Put all the World Geography back in the teacher workroom on a cart so I could start the surplus process with them. Before I knew it, it was after 4! Time to go home!

No comments: