The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Blind Dates with Books


What a fun day! Decided to do a suggestion that another librarian is doing and have kids have to choose a book they don't know what one! And they must check it out at least overnight! We wrapped just about all day long! And the books went flying off the shelf. When we first started in the morning, we couldn't wrap fast enough. We would wrap a book and put it out and the next student in took the book. I started to put up classics and one student picked A Tale of Two Cities, so I went and talked to him a bit about the book and he was 'oh, yeah, I've heard Dickens is a good writer" so hopefully he will read it. But yep, wrapped all day long for the most part. Reset shelves since I have ten aides now. This was actually yesterday since I messed up the post and deleted it....  2/5/15

No comments: