The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Newbery Award Books!


Today I worked with my aides and we rounded up a ton of our Newbery Award books! I made little signs for each year to 2005 and then we put up a bookshelf with other Newbery books at the end and I made a sign with all the winners since 1922 and highlighted all the books we have in our library. We had one from 1923 The Voyages of Dr. Dolittle. It was great. We really had a lot of fun finding them all and putting them out. I cleaned up all the Native American books from Mr. B's unit and thought, hey! Let's highlight our Newbery's since we had this year's winner The Crossover. Stripped books today, redid our Native American section since it was a bit out of whack. It was fun to shelve. Put out some more books about our presidents since it is President's Day on Monday. Caught a student on Facebook today. She tried to exit out, but the computer wouldn't let her. Tsk, tsk. I let her teacher know. Picked some great books from our Fun with Books display up in the staff room. They had four books I'm asking for this time. Have I mentioned I love my job??

No comments: