The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pikas!

I love pikas! They are adorable! The first one in the wild I ever saw was in the Grand Teton National Park. I've seen a few since then, but I love these little haymakers! I used up about every box I had to pack up old textbooks and in a box, on an old cart under all the boxes I had stockpiled were magazines and one of these had the cover picture of a pika and then an article about them! I was so excited! I put the magazines up for grabs (after I took the cover pika picture and article) for teachers and Mrs. P came and took nearly all of them, huzzah! Glad they will get some use. Had an assembly today, so the periods were shorter than usual. Check out three classes of lit books. Did a little speech on the Blind Date books and our Newbery books. Packed up more textbooks so I currently have 54 boxes ready to ship out. Went to the assembly with my aides and one of them was complaining that they were boring and didn't have anything to do with him, and I had nominated him and a couple of other of aides last semester to be recognized for using their own time to help out in the library! He was really excited and we high-fived when he sat back down. After I cleaned up the boxes, I put in their place some of the book holders off the racks I had taken off. I also sent out a request for an old high cart and a broken TV and another small AV type cart to be picked up from cartage and hauling. Got in the new toner for the student printer (and they all said 'amen'). Ordered a new set of books off Scholastic ($700 worth!). Wrapped more books for our Blind Date books. Only two more days of them. Pondered in the textbook room how I was going to work the new math books in with the old. 

No comments: