The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Shhhhh!!!!

Gorgeous sunrise this morning, the sun an intriguing blood orange color coming up over the mountains. Stunning. More students in today with testing, but most of them were finished, so they sat around our tables. They were loud! I would go by and tell them shhhhh!! and almost as soon as I walked away, they were back to talking. Not real out loud, but louder than what I thought was respectful for the students that were still taking the test. Deleted all the books I withdrew from the fiction R-Z section that was on our list for weeding this year. I had started yesterday, but finished off today. Had aides work on checking out math books to students this morning and had them deliver them. Seems to be the best answer for checking out while testing is going on. Put in a profile picture on Insignia. We'll see how long that lasts! Sent out books to other schools. Looked for lost books. Shelved so that everything was put away in fiction at least at the end of the day. Got most of the non-fiction done as well. Looked pretty well when I left today. Love Fridays, in at 7 so I get to leave at 3:30.

No comments: