The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Kercheski Method

Checked out three more classes of books using the Kercheski method. She laughed when we told her that today. I get sheets from the teacher with names and student ID numbers, we check them out to the students and wheel the books on a cart to class. No disruption, no having to come down for books. I love how it works! Had five other classes come in and get books today and first period was so good and quiet and they got progressively worse during the day! Oh my! Had to check in a bunch of books as well and we updated them to make sure they all had numbers. Was given another aide today by one of the counselors. I tried to get out of it. I have three aides that period already not to mention my fifth graders that come in for classes and the students that had been at South for advanced classes. But he insisted. I had the poor student sit at a table and he spent most of the time just staring off into space. Didn't even read. Got in more Lightning Thief books for the Language Arts teachers that want to do a Greek mythology study. I'm up to 23 now, about half way towards what I want. A very busy first day of the last six weeks day!

No comments: