The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Something Day

Had two classes come in to check out books. We checked in nearly 100 books today. Showed the new aide around and got him working. I was a bit taken aback when I went into the science room and the two girls were discussing Shades of Grey! Oh my!  Had our new aide help me move TV's. Put the old broken one in the back room and put the nice one up on the tall cart. Got all the science books shelved and started the students on doing copy status for them to make sure they were all done. Had Mr. R come by and pick up books and we talked about ordering and digital audio books. I was thinking I'd like some more since we have a lot of students who really struggle with reading. But they are like, $40 a piece! Maybe I need to put in a wish list for next year! Checked on buying some Lightning Thief with Scholastic, but 40 copies would be nearly $300. I don't know. Maybe. It seems our students and teachers are all set to go on that. Had my OBOB kids in, two weeks to go and we'll have the tournament. Had the back room cleaned out so we could meet and talk back there and not disturb the testing. Did some more copy status, then oh my! Time to go home! A nice risotto and chicken dinner tonight with a lemongrass basil sauce!

No comments: