The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

And on the 6th Grade Day...

All our new 6th graders came today to see how the school works without trying to get around the 7th and 8th graders. They are almost all shorter than me! So that was great! I spent passing times out in the hallways helping them find their way and to open their lockers! Put up a quick poster on the Newbery books and a new item, my little bulletin board will host a new word of the day with definition, example and synonyms. I found a website that does 6th - 9th grade appropriate level words! So I'm excited about that! Checked out another class set to Mrs. B for social studies. Moved all the rest of the schoolwide boxes into the back. Have more new math books and found out from Mr. S that the ones I was barcoding for the 7th graders won't be used first~~argh! The others all still in their boxes are, so I switched gears and started the Shaping ones. Got 60 done. I was really hoping for an aide today, but didn't have any show up! Did emails. Got all my personal stuff into the office manager. Had two other schools request books, so I sent out a notice to the LA teachers to see if they wanted any, and if not, I'd send them out. Sent out a notice to the other middle school library media aides about meeting for our PLC Thursday and talking about books to order. And answering questions from the new Assistants. We need to have a huge order in by the first of October. Not sure how that will play out. I'm thinking I will end up at Powell's this weekend to prowl the shelves. Put the new books out on my rack. Had a great conversation with our Industrial Arts teacher to have his students work on book ends for me! And to display stuff up on the top of the shelves in the library! We were having a great time bouncing ideas off each other and he was really happy about it and so was I! Laminated a few things for teachers, so hopefully I will have aides tomorrow to deliver! It was a busy day!!!

No comments: