The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Our New Principal

Processed Popular Photography, Sports Illlustrated and Discover magazines, then headed over to the other side of the library. A staff member wanted to check out a book and I saw she had a pile of magazines checked out, and she said that she hadn't ever checked out a magazine. There was a pile on my desk, so I went over and got them, and sure enough, they were the magazines. I think an aide thought he was checking them in. One of our aides was in detention, so our other aide wanted to get him out. Mrs. H told him no. He got another student to go by the detention room and request the boy to come because we needed him in the library! What was he thinking? He got a good talking to by Mrs. H and a referral. I helped cover the cart of books that we had decided to keep and laminate the covers to perk them up a bit. I finally got down to one cart and pulled it back to my desk. Did that all day and only have less than a cart shelf to go from four shelves! We got to meet our new principal today and before he came I ran around cleaning up, pushed in chairs, picked up trash, straightened magazines, put more new books on the rack so it would look nice and full. I was glad we had gotten the old books cleaned up and the remnants back by my desk, his first look at Sprague was in the library and I think it looked great!

No comments: