The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Make Mine a Hobbit

Mr. H asked for a class set of The Hobbit for early tomorrow, so I got all those ready and pushed them up to Mrs. J's desk. A student brought in a note from a teacher that they needed to drop off their Foundations of Algebra Year 2 Vol. 1 and pick up the Vol. 2 for that period and the next period. A student finished the First Aid covers and said she was good, I had to give her a bit of instruction and I redid a few pieces of them, so they are now all done. A student came in asking for a biography and couldn't find it, Mrs. H looked and couldn't find the five copies we supposedly had, so I looked around and finally found them right where they should have been! I did find a bunch of items misshelved as I looked for them! Had two classes come in for Catcher in the Rye that surprised me. They also turned in Snow Falling on Cedars. Processed two teacher magazines and Time, Mad, PC Gamer and Smithsonian for the library. We had students testing in the lab and I chased away other students. Mrs. H said she thought we could use the other computers in my area. Oh well! I went back to repairing Prentice Hall Literature The American Experience.

No comments: