The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Helpers

Got into a conversation with a teacher this morning on getting some help from students and so she sent two students to help after lunch. I think they will do well. I just need to get them trained up. Did my LLI and had all three of my students on time. Back to the library and getting ready for my three morning classes. I've really been worn down this week by the attitude of disrespect some of the students show. I'm beginning to think that you need to be a certain kind of person to work elementary, and I don't have that gene in my body! Did my classes and enjoyed reading Mrs. Harkness and the Panda - all the kids went 'Aaahhhh!' when they saw the pic of the panda in the tree. Then lunch for me, then cafeteria duty, back to the library for what would usually be a prep time, but since Mrs. L's class didn't get to come Monday, I told her to bring them in, so we did that. Then up to Mrs. M's for 20 minutes, back down to the library for Mrs. H's class then back up to Mrs. M's and then back down to the library lab for her class. Helped students work on math and then they got to do math games on the computer which they love. Started to work on shelving everybody books in the library, but there was a staff meeting, so I shelved other books instead since they were all where I was going to be!

No comments: