The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Literacy Night

Stayed a bit later tonight because it is Literacy night at the school and I wanted the library to be cleaned up, straightened, fabulous books out and just a great environment for the parents to see when they come in. Finished up my January author bulletin board and put out books for that too! Didn't touch my other bulletin board in case anyone wanted to look! Had LLI this morning, back to the library and got ready for my three classes. They went pretty well. Only had about 20 minutes for lunch since I helped a couple of students get books. Off to cafeteria duty, then back to the library. Over to Ms. T's office for a meeting on Love of Reading month that we are really highlighting next month. We brainstormed several things to do and are going with a 'Go for the Gold in Reading' theme since the Winter Olympics start on the 6th. Had another class in next, then up to Mrs. M's room for the last hour of the day (well, again I was late because I helped some students...), back down to the library after school was out and getting it all happy for tonight. I'm hungry! Time to make dinner!

No comments: