The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, February 1, 2016

New Semester

First day of the new semester! I had four aides on my schedule, and then one of my aides from last year showed up since he can't do PE this semester. I was glad to have him! And, oh joy! I have no aides for 4th period so I can really relax during my lunch! Had my aides all do the 'Order in the Library' web page. Two of them finished and one nearly got done. One of the aides didn't get a chance to do that today. Pulled two class sets of science books for Mr. H, one class set of social studies for Mr. G. Showed two of the aides how to check out our textbooks on them. Checked in and out books, of course, today. Came in and had to help pass out schedules before school started. That is always fun! Here are some stats from last semester. I had 3,968 students come in on individual passes during the day (that's around 46 a day). We checked out 9,250 library books (this includes class sets, sets to other schools and other check outs) and we checked out 4,920 textbooks to classes as well. We've been busy!! 

No comments: