The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 5, 2018

Homework

We have our first pathway on Thursday and I hadn't finished my book, or hardly started! We had to read the introduction plus chapters 1 & 2, so I spent time this morning since it was quiet and finished reading. Then sent an email with my Powerpoint from last year about how I wanted to change my library. That seemed to be some of what the book was talking about. Then I had to look up what TEAL was Technology Enabled Active Learning. And found an amazing bunch of design resources on Pinterest. Very, very cool! I sent that link out to everyone as well. Then for some reason I got a crazy idea that on our video school resource, Insight 24J, that I would nominate our PA Mr. G to be a co-host on the show! It's around 7 minutes where they spotlight a department and that department helps get information out to the school employees about what's going on. The head of that said 'great idea! I'll put him on the list!' So I can't wait to see how that turns out! I did get the classroom set of Go though! Got the approval email today! So I decided to add the Hikaru books #1 - 3 to my next order, 3 of each. The rest of the day was busy with students here and there. I finished getting out all the new books I got in yesterday. Stripping them, putting in date due slips. Good to get those out there! Glad I finished my homework and have new ideas for the library. Now I just need the money! Off to the Elsinore tonight to see Herb Albert and Lani Hall. Really looking forward to that!

No comments: