The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Helping Hand

We had three and a third of Mr. A’s classes in today for a math game using playing cards. The students had to add up their hands, but the spades were negative numbers! They really had a great time in here and the noise level was really loud, but really exciting to see them all so engaged! We did have one class that ended up leaving early because they were throwing around a wadded up piece of paper across the library, and no one fessed up to doing it, so Mr. A had them pack up and go back to class. Oh well! The rest of them were very respectful and had a great time! I finished off the cart of withdrawn books and did a bit when I sent an email to teachers about how if they didn’t take them they’d end up in the text sea, like in the Thursday Next series. Made my day! Loved that series! Then I helped Mrs. V with some cut outs for the PD tomorrow. She had ten pages of tiny little cut outs that she was starting to stuff into ten envelopes and I told her, ‘I can do this, you have way more things you need to take care of than putting little questions into envelopes!’ It took a little bit, but she is amazing and I was glad I had the time to take that load from her! Got all my stuff ready for the meeting tomorrow morning and looking forward to all the errands I need to run in the afternoon since I’m off!

No comments: