The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

STEAM Day

Tuesday is our STEAM day in the library during lunches, so I spent some time today getting ready the sets of circuitry for the students. I get really excited about it! Worked on book orders today. Our librarians had done a talk during the Inservice on great high and middle school books and they shared those titles with us. So the titles showed up in the Titlewave orders. I went through the list and marked off the books I already have then went through the ones I didn’t to decide if I wanted to get them or not. I also sent out an email to the other middle school LMS’s to make sure they looked that over as well. Finished another book spine for my window. I really need to finish that off! I was excited because I only needed to do one more spine, then I decided I needed to take the math one and cut it in half because it was yellow and so much bigger than all the others! So, now I need to do two more! Though my ‘windows’ spine turned out really cool! I had our PermaBound rep in. He is a real amazing guy and I’m working on replacing my very well used books - like Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, graphic novels. Tried to take it easy today, my chest is so sore from popping my sternum. I did something last night to irritate it and I nearly called in sick I was so hurting last night. 

No comments: