The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Marbles and Go

Today we got an offer from our PA that we could be eligible for a full set of manga books and some Go boards and pieces! I was on it right away! My son plays Go and even did some this summer when he was in Japan at the clubs. We get 23 volumes of Hikuru (?) which is a manga that you have to play Go while you’re reading. Then I also asked (not sure if I can double dip, but I’m trying!!) to get a classroom set of Go boards and pieces. Then I pulled out my Chinese Checkers boards and had my aides put them together and I’m going to order a set of marbles because I really have only half the marbles I need. I need baggies though to hold the marbles and I can pass out to each student who is playing. I also got students to sign up for STEAM in the library. So next week we will start STEAM days. I had a display in the library with the KEVA blocks and our electronics set up and I got a good response! That made me happy! Helped Mrs. M get books today for her students when they come in today for their worksheet and reading. Put discard stickers on more books. Packed up three boxes of books that have been looked through. Don’t know if I have the energy to let the students comb through them all. If they haven’t checked them out, will they want them? Sent a cart of withdrawn lit books to Mrs. T. It was a busy day!

No comments: