The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 29, 2018

Reading Day

I keep doing too much lifting and such and really need my chest to heal. So I designated today as a reading day. I read so much out of work for work that I decided it was all right if I read books for book talks while I’m at work and it’s quiet. So I read my eBook today and once I resized the font for my computer at work, it went pretty well. I still had other things to do! Had to find a book that belonged to another school and was sitting on our shelf. Reset student passwords. Had both lunches in. Checked out calculators for Ms. C after I had to re-enter their barcodes since the computer said they were ‘not found.’ Had to take a book call slip up to a room since I don’t have aides that period. Answered a call from a mom who thought her daughters had maybe turned in a Salem Public Library book to me. I explained that yes, they occasionally turned up and I would take them down and turn them in within a couple of days if they came to me. Had another student email me that she no longer had the book that was overdue. I checked for it, and didn’t find it so let her know that it was still lost. Another student had a notice for a math book so we went in back and leafed through the math books of that title and didn’t find it. So, lots of little things here and there. Loved watching the clouds and rain out move across the valley today.

No comments: