The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Spines & CPR




It wasn’t a quiet day in the library, but watching our 8th graders work on hands only CPR was a real treat. Our Salem Firefighters came in and talked with the students, then had them work on the dummies until they all had a chance and learned to do it right. I answered emails, finished up my long overdue window! I started it right when school started up and then drifted in and out of ideas and decided that since today we wouldn’t have much traffic, I really needed to finish it! I had brought in stuff from my scrapbooking stuff at home and I think my ‘spines’ turned out really nice. I got inspired by a teacher who was talking about windows and mirrors as you read a book, so I started with that. Went through some ordering pieces on PermaBound and Titlewave. Worked on my reading for our Pathway that will come up Thanksgiving week. Read my eBook - Playing Atari with Saddam Hussein - don’t know if I will ever get used to reading those. I will have to hug my print book tonight. When the firefighters came in I decided that I’d take a picture of the dummies having some reading time before the students came in. Ha! Even a dummy can read!

No comments: