The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Repair Day

I have a few books that need some repair, so I started to go and pull each book and make the decision if I wanted to repair it, replace it, or just get rid of it. When I had a book that had multiple copies, I went out and hunted them all down making sure they were either checked out, declared lost, or on the shelf. Then I took the broken book and made sure that it was designated as ‘out for repairs.’ Had two students come in with logging into Axis360 program. One was a boy that came in and he finally realized he was spelling Salem wrong. Glad we finally got that figured out. Then I had another student who we tried to change her password and the computer said ‘Access Denied.’ That was nothing I’d seen before! So we called technology and I was on the phone with them for quite awhile and he finally found the piece he needed to change so we could change her password. So I’m hoping she’ll come in tomorrow morning. I’ll look up her first period class and tell her. Had my aides get books for Mr. R - they pulled the books and I had to dash out the door because they didn’t check them out to him. Then they brought the old ones back and checked them in. Had students in for STEAM lunch today. I worked on an announcement about STEAM for next month and that the Scholastic Book Fair is coming. I set up our online fair dates. Then I tried to find the link for the middle school books. I had a page for all the individual book talks, but I wanted them all together, and I finally found it. I’ll probably play it during lunches. I also realized that we will only be selling at school for only 4 days. We’ll only be open for the week after Veteran’s Day holiday and then it’s Thanksgiving break. I’m not sure how that is going to happen and affect my sales. 

No comments: