The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Cleaning

I noticed that the cord on one of my aide passes was all unraveled, so I decided to fix it. While I was cutting it down, I got out my glue to stick those ends together so they wouldn’t unravel and looked into the drawer where I kept the extra cords. It was a mess. So while the glue was drying, I worked don cleaning up that drawer. I had a bunch of file tabs all over the place, so I collected them all and threw out old ones that had yellowed (no, they weren’t yellow to begin with!). Got all the cords into a bag, threw out a lot of old stickers, paper hole reinforcement stickers. All old stuff that is not used anymore. I moved our shelving cart out to the cart I put in front of the main check out desk. I decided that the books I had on there, some of the new ones, were really not getting any use, so I took away the regular cart we had been using and put withdrawn books on it. There were a lot of diversity books on the cart so I shelved those so my aide wouldn’t have to do all that. She does a great job with the non-fiction and the graphic novels, and I thought I’d put those away for her. While I did that, I started to pull some of the old books. Some of the country books that were from 2003 and older. A day of emails, helping students and other small tasks that added up. Volleyball scoring tonight and book club! A busy afternoon and evening.

No comments: